Saturday, June 25, 2011

Whatchuuu lookin at?

People stare at us a lot here.
I guess it's understandable considering the fact that there are 29 students,
4 faculty members, 3 guys volunteering and their 2 sons,
in a town with little to no tourists.

That's a lot of loud Americans.
And in case you didn't know, that's what Americans are:
LOUD.
We've had multiple people tell us that.

But, sometimes when we're walking around
(even in very small groups)
I can feel people's eyes on me.
Sometimes guys pass and whistle, or even whisper
"Que ojos bonitos" ("What pretty eyes") to me.
Blue eyes aren't common around here.

Even so, sometimes I get sick of it and when people stare I wanna yell,
 WHAT?!?! Have you never seen a white person before?!

But...so far I've refrained. 

I don't want to be considered white, loud, AND crazy...


2 comments:

Kaylia Payne said...

Ahh I know what you mean, it was the same in Vietnam!

Anonymous said...

all i can say is ,they know a cute person when they see her.c u on sat. gf-