Sunday, June 12, 2011

Other random Rio happenings

Welcome back free internet! You were missed.
So, I know I went on and on about how beautiful Rio is in the last post...
but I'm seriously in love. We spent the last 2 days playing soccer on the beach,
swimming in the ocean, and sightseeing.
Yesterday morning we all went to the top of Corcovado to see the Cristo Redentor, and it was amazing. Of course, right when we got to the top my camera died, so I only have a few pictures.
Luckily everyone in my group is snap-happy-so between all of them 
I should be able to steal some good ones.
Here's the few I was able to get.




Once again, the pictures cannot even begin to do it justice.
Please just go there and see it for yourself. :)

Anyway, here's some other random Rio happenings


This picture is a river running through the middle of PUC-Rio, a university we visited.
Their campus looks like a jungle! Just a little different from the
4 feet of snow I'm used to on my campus...
So jealous.


This is me wearing $40,000 worth of jewelry!
I wish you could see the rings better, they were amazing!!
A few of us visited a jewelry store called H. Stern.
(Maybe some of you have heard of it?)
We went there because they gave you a free gift for visiting.
While we were walking through admiring all of the jewelry,
one of the ladies asked us if we would like to try anything on.
We looked at her like, are you serious?! Um...yes, please!!!
No worries, JUST these two rings could pay for my car about 4 times...
Now if only I could find a man to buy me one of them. ;)


One of the very best parts of being in Rio was that I got to see Ana!
We went to school together at the University of Salamanca in Spain.
She's from Rio and I haven't seen her about 2 years.
We went to dinner, then she showed me her house,
and drove me around the city and showed me the places she likes to go.
It was so good to see her!


The beach and a Brazilian surfer babe! :)
I just had to add that last one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bring him home!!!! oh, and the rings!!!

Anonymous said...

nice hand stand!!
-halle