Saturday, June 4, 2011

Exhaustion.

This morning we went on a walking tour of Valparaiso 
with a student from a local university.
Chile is so different from what I expected, but I love it! 
Here are some of my favorite pictures from today.
Sorry there's so many, I just liked them all!


Cable car we rode up the hill.


There's graffiti like this everywhere;
I actually think it's pretty cool.


The city is full of stray dogs that follow 
us all around town.

I almost got hit by a car taking this picture. 
No big deal...


All the houses of Valparaiso are built into the hills
so there are stairways like this all over the place.


Haha this is Brent and me eating Pan de Leche.
One of the best things I've ever eaten.
They're sweet rolls filled with custard and covered in powdered sugar.
We may or may not have eaten two each today.
They're about the size of a softball...


View of the beach from the hill

That water was FREEZING!


All the houses built into the hills.
I love how they're all different colors!

Two of the boys in my group and I ventured off and after
a few metro rides, asking a lot of questions 
(luckily we all spoke Spanish),
and some interesting taxi rides,
we found Pablo Neruda's house, La Sebastiana. 
We weren't allowed to take pictures inside, but this is the outside. 
It was a really interesting house.
(For anyone who doesn't know who Pablo Neruda is,
he's a famous poet. Look him up, he's great.
Extremely odd sometimes, but a genius.)
Anyway, we walked so much today, I'm exhausted and off to bed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we love seeing and reading all you, are seeing.thanks. don't get hit by a car!!!. g&g-

Unknown said...

beautiful pictures! those custard filled treats sound sooooo gooooood. yum!

Anonymous said...

Bring me one of those treats home. Dad

Kaylia Payne said...

It looks so gorgeous there! I love graffiti, it gives places such character :)