Friday, January 7, 2011

Experiencing the Answers

In March last year I posted this quote:

"Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language. Do not now look for the answers. They cannot now be given to you because you could not live them. It is a question of experiencing everything. At present you need to live the question. Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day."
-Rainer Maria Rilke

I was having a hard time.
I didn't understand why I was going through such a time.
I remember reading this quote over and over and thinking about 
the part that says,
"At present you need to live the question.
Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it,
find yourself experiencing the answer,
some distant day."
So many things have fallen into place since then
and a lot of the time I find myself thinking,
 
"Ohhhhh...I get it now."

It's nice to finally understand.
I can actually say I'm glad I had a few rough months.
I would NOT want to go through them again,
but I learned so much and can honestly say
that I came out of the experiences a better person.
"Sometimes it's okay to fall apart because
you learn how to put yourself back together again."

No comments: