Thursday, September 2, 2010

Guess You Learn Something New Everyday


Sooo...I've been gone for awhile. Just jetting around Europe. Lake Powell. Enjoying my summer. Revisiting the past and repeating mistakes. But most of all learning some really important lessons. Someone else always says it better than I do so here's what I now know:

Each relationship nurtures a strength or weakness within you.
 -Mike Murdock 

(P.S. If it's a weakness...that's red flag number 1)

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.
 -Albert Einstein

You did what you knew how to do and when you knew better, you did better.
 -Maya Angelou


I think we make the same mistakes more than once because we don't like to be wrong. We hope we weren't wrong...so we give it another try. Sometimes it takes falling on your face twice before you learn your lesson. Other times it takes three, or five, or fifteen. But the important thing is that you do eventually learn from them. 


I may be a little embarrassed how long it has taken me to learn certain lessons but I'm happy I've finally reached the point where I can wake up everyday and feel good about where I'm at in life. 


Another semester has just started and I couldn't be more excited. I like beginnings. They're a chance to leave the old behind and start new and fresh again. And I have a feeling this is going to be a good one. :)


P.S. My new apartment has the most worthless internet on earth. Can't get any pictures up now but I'll post some soon of my trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you're back :) I've missed you!! How your summer vacation was AWESOME!! And I can't wait to see pictures from all your European travels :) When you get a chance, send me your new address. I want to send you my letter...it's been long overdue!