Sunday, February 28, 2010

Addicted.

(La Plaza Mayor Salamanca, Spain)

"The world is a book and those that do not travel read only one page"
- St. Augustine       

So there's this addiction I have...it's this little (expensive) thing called t r a v e l i n g. It started in 8th grade when we had a study abroad presentation in one of my classes. I sat there amazed by all the incredible pictures of other countries and thought to myself, I will do that someday. And I did. Last year I went to school in Salamanca, Spain for 3 months and it was the most exciting/wonderful thing I've ever done. There is something so interesting to me about other languages and cultures. I want to see it all, experience it all. It's been about a year since I left for Spain and I'm feeling that urge again, to go, go, go. Not because I don't like or appreciate where I live, because I do. I believe traveling is the best way to appreciate what you have. It's the best way to open your eyes to the world and begin to understand it better. I want to plan something for this summer, now the only question is, where next?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling! One of my life long dreams has been to travel the world. But now that I'm working and married, it's become a bit more complicated. I think it's great that you took advantage of the study abroad opportunities! If I could do it all over again, I would've done the exact same thing :)

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I love travelling. Nothing like discovering a new place or going back to one that already has your heart.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm hoping to make it to Jamaica this year! The hubs and I need a getaway.