Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Nostalgia.


So I might just secretly wish...
That I were a cowgirl.

This is one of my best friends Kamrie and I about 3 years ago.
Almost every year her family packs up the horses (they have a million) and rides into the Uinta Mountains and camps for a week or so. I've been lucky enough to go with them a couple times and I can honestly say that those were some of the best weeks of my life! Riding horses all day, fishing, sitting around the campfire, and laying under the stars miles and miles away from any lights, cars, houses, or towns. 

Kamrie's getting married in a few weeks and guess I'm feeling a little nostalgic...I just finished a photo album that I'm giving her as a wedding present. We've been friends since we were 11 and have done just about everything together. We played on the same soccer team for 8 years, went to middle school, jr high, and high school together, dated each others cousins (small town), i went on her family vacations, she came on mine, i basically lived at her house for a few years, we were in a car wreck together, and i dragged her halfway across the world to live in another country with me for 3 months. If that's not a best friend, I don't know what is. I'm so happy and excited for her...and maybe just a little jealous that Brad, her husband-to-be, will be the one going on all the campouts and vacations, and not me. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure there's plenty of room for you too! That does sound pretty amazing! Camping out there with the horses and under the starry night! Nothing like life in NJ. Just remember, you are not losing your best friend!! She's still there, she will just be a +1 now :) But I'm sure she'll still be able to sneak away for some one-on-one girl time with you!